Day 14 of the '29 Faces' Challenge -- One More Heart Face








Another DIY Valentine Card (scanned before the adding of the lettering "Be Mine)



Day 14 of the '29 Faces' Challenge!   A very special day today in fact, and not just because it happened to be St. Valentine's Day (hence another anthropomorphic heart from me as my Face-du-Jour).  No indeed, but because at some point between this post, and tomorrow's post, we shall be crossing over the exact mid-way mark of the Challenge.  Half-way through, and so far, so good...!

And so things have been humming right along.  As mentioned in a previous post, I have always made homemade, DIY Valentine's cards for my family, therefore I'm really glad I was able to make the Faces theme work 'double-duty' for me, while sort of killing 'two birds with one stone', as it were (though as a bird lover/owner I've never cared for that particular expression).   Having one more anthropomorphic face to share did also make things a little easier for me today in particular, being as that I teach small private group art classes on Tuesdays, so I knew it was going to be a busy one on my end.  For fun, please allow me to share what we were up to  this afternoon via some pics I snapped during one of my classes, in which my students are currently working on some really fantastic papier mache projects (I'm so proud!):

All projects have been sculpted -- they are now in the painting stages (note the 'hotdog' in the foreground)


A large, striking papier mache fantasy sea creature!




The is the underside of a papier mache Falcon

The Papier Mache has been a real hit with the kids
Fanciful/Colorful Papier Mache Projects in Progress

This student finished his p.m. project last week, so spent time painting an awesome Art Journal entry in a book he's altering
A Very Cool Green Papier Mache Dragon, Complete with Wings...!





◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Art of Patience is proudly powered by blogger.com