'29 Faces' Day 5

Today was a busy one (complete with a Super Bowl party -- oh joy) on my end, so I didn't have the chance to work on my '29 Faces Challenge' pieces as I would have liked.   Still, as much as I would love to be showing yet off another completed project right now, I can report I did at least manage to make some progress on a hanging, unresolved 3D project today that has been nagging me for years.  This is not going to look like much I'm afraid, but trust me when I say that it involves a 'face' and that a necessary first step was accomplished here, which will allow me to continue on toward completion of the project....

Years ago I created a 3D papier mache figure of a crow.   All was good and well....that is, until my raging, free-ranging house bunny (sadly no longer with us) somehow got a hold of him, and chewed off his face:


Silly Rabbit!




Faceless Mr. Crow Needs Surgery, STAT.

So I've been thinking.  Faceless as he is now and essentially starting over, I could actually go anywhere with this.  The obvious thing would be to give him another crow face (with a beak, et al) -- but why do the obvious thing....?  Rather, with this second chance for a do-over, I could go in an entirely different, and more interesting, direction.  Well, I'm still ruminating on it -- but at this point I think I've pretty much decided I wont be giving him another boring crow face.  Thing is though, I actually couldn't do anything (crow or non-crow) for him until that gaping crater was repaired and a new foundation built up upon which to work.  So, that's what I did today -- reinforcing and fixing the big hole that was his 'face', so I can go on to give him a whole new one. (*Plus while I'm at it, I'm intending to create a 'base' for him from the hummus container lid he is standing on, and fix his feet, in order to give him better free-standing stability.....

Behold!  The Beginnings of a Brave New 'Face'.









◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Art of Patience is proudly powered by blogger.com