2nd Face of the '29 Faces' Challenge

"The Songstress" , 3.5" x 4" Painted Rock...Finished!





Meet 'The Songstress'.   A painted, found rock, this petite little beauty cradles her guitar in her arms as she regales us with a lovely tune of her own making....  

As long time readers of my blog may already know, I love to paint rocks.  Nature's own sculpture, I see the figures contained within them, then use paint to gently coax the images out, following the natural cracks, corners and crevices of the rock, so that others can see them too.  When I first found this particular rock, maybe a decade or more ago, I could see the female figure right away, and set out to painting her.  But for some reason I was never quite satisfied with several of her details, leaving her unfinished and unsigned over all these years.  I would go back to her from time to time and dibble-dabble -- but..., finally today I worked on her properly, sorting some issues out, such as her hair and instrument and so forth.  I'm happy to say I am now satisfied and declare her 'done' (and will be uploading her soon into my Painted Rock Gallery within my EBSQ Portfolio)....

'Stongstress' Back, showing her flowing long hair and the straw hat that has slipped off her head



'Songstress' back, with straw hat

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Art of Patience is proudly powered by blogger.com