'ACEO Theme Week' Contest, and '29 Faces' Challenge



'The White Witch of Narnia",
for ACEO Theme Week ( for auction link).

It's the 1st of February! Which is likely significant for any number of reasons (day before Groundhog's Day perhaps?), but at least two of them would be: (1.) it's the start of the monthly 'ACEO Theme Week' art contest, and (2.) it's the first day of the '29 Faces' art blog challenge. And because I wanted to participate in both events, being the practical sort, the logical thing for me was to combine the two. The contest theme this month is 'Winter Wonderland', therefore my entry features both 'Winter', and...a 'Face', choosing as I did to feature the "White Witch' of the chilly, wintry Narnia. In any case, this, my first Face of the challenge, was my project for the day.  The following is my auction description:


~"The White Witch of Narnia"~

My entry for this month's ACEO Theme Week (TW) Contest is doing 'double duty' for me. While I had an aceo to do for this contest, I also needed to create a 'face' for an art blog challenge I'm participating in, called '29 Faces' (a Face for every day in February. See my blog for more info). Overlapping these two goals, my entry features the evil and vain 'White Witch' of Narnia, who has cast a spell of perpetual Winter and eternal snow upon that magical land.....

The tale of 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' is set during WWII, therefore my White Witch reflects the era, looking like a 1940's Glamour Girl. She sports an icicle tiara, and holds between her gloved fingers her preferred object of bribery, a piece of the sticky-sweet confection, Turkish Delight.....





.
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Art of Patience is proudly powered by blogger.com